The Old Parish Rooms
The first school on this site dates to 1792 but the current building dates from 1863 at a cost of £500.Note also the stone plaque in the brickwork.
Pupils of the National School for Boys studied here for one penny a day until 1904, when Love Lane School for Boys was opened.
The building was then converted to a restaurant called Amigos, then Santa Lucia and is now the Old Parish Rooms a private function suite
Back to Rayleigh Town Museum website
© Rayleigh Town Museum