Old Anchor Brewery and Maltings
Here stood the Old Anchor Brewery and Maltings, built in 1798.
Water was pumped from the brickfield pond in Castle Road. Production ceased in 1922 when a body was found floating in the pond.
On the adjacent site stood a large Georgian house (home of the Barnard family) part of which later became an Off-License.
Back to Rayleigh Town Museum website
© Rayleigh Town Museum